A dear friend had a birthday this week, and one of the many reasons I adore her is exhibited in her Instagram photo above – she transported the champagne for her party in a bicycle basket to her Georgetown home… (it was such a lovely gathering!)
- As she shares my cookbook addiction, I treated her to a few new faves including this one, this one, and this one.
- Today is Remembrance Day in the UK… Have you seen the photos of the poppies installation at the Tower of London? Breathtaking…
- Gosh, it’s been 25 years since the Berlin Wall fell? I was visiting friends at Marquette U at the time… where were you? Love this commemorative Google Doodle.
- Can I admit to you I don’t yet have a blogging plan for the week? Thank goodness this fabulous post on inspiration hunting, and this amazing list of tips to increase my productivity as a blogger were in my Bloglovin’ feed this morning. I need a plan.
- If you live in DC, the Red Hen must move to the top of your “Restaurants to Visit” list. And order the Ricotta Cavatelli with Sauerkraut, Bacon, Green Onion, Spinach & Mustard Breadcrumbs. Trust me.
- How did Amazon end up as Literary Enemy Number One? Read this Vanity Fair article to understand…
- How can you ever go back to a plain rice crispy treat once you experience ones made with bacon, bourbon and brown sugar?
- I need to make these scones…
- I had so much fun wandering through the menu of the Most Epic List of Trashed-Up Baby Shower Foods to End All Trashed-Up Baby Shower Food Lists… a gathering of invisible blogger friends to celebrate Jessica of How Sweet Eats‘ adorable baby… what a cool community! Over 30 bloggers participated, but here are a few faves:
- Salads, like Brussels Slaw with Tahini Dressing and Za’atar Crostini
- Burgers, like Trashed-Up Steak Burger with Chicken Fried Bacon & Dijon Gravy
- Tacos… Boozy Beef and Butternut Tacos
- Pizzas… Steak + Blue Cheese Pizza with Crispy Fried Shallots and Honey Balsamic Drizzle
- And the Desserts, like Triple Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Crumb Cake. Wow, this crew can plan a party for me anytime!
- And finally, I’d love to give a shout-out to the wonderful Fiesta Friday hosted by Angie of the Novice Gardener. I’ve participated in a few link parties since starting this blogging adventure, but this one is by far the most interactive community I’ve experienced… a wonderful group of bloggers (many new) from all over the world who really comment on each other’s posts. I’m still trying to figure out how this group got started, but I love being a part of it. Stop in if you haven’t done so yet… And dear Fiesta Friday crew… aren’t I overdue to host?
Have a wonderful week…